Raise The Candy Bar

Place your candy orders today to make it a sweet day! Call us at: 847-677-5777

Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Pineapple a Symbol of Hospitality

Just the other day I learned something new, the Pineapple is a symbol of hospitality. I have been in the confection and gift giving business now for over six years and just learned this interesting fact.

I have loved pineapple since I was a kid but had no idea of its history. Gina from Welcome to My City who told me the interesting fact was kind enough to forward me an article explaining the history of the pineapple becoming a symbol of hospitality.

I don't want to plagiarize so here are the cliff notes:
  • 1493 Columbus brought the pineapple to Europe
  • For 200 years Europeans tried to grow them 
  • Colonial Americans put a Pineapple on the table when having guests
  •  The pineapple served during colonial times was a as sign of a warm welcome as well as dessert
How does this all tie into the Life of the Candy Man? It ties into the many pineapple flavored product which we sell. My personal favorite is the milk chocolate dipped pineapple

Have a sweet day!

No comments:

Post a Comment