Raise The Candy Bar

Place your candy orders today to make it a sweet day! Call us at: 847-677-5777

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

How I met Governor Quinn

Last week I wrote how Meeting the Governor was one of the seasons top 5. Why you may ask?

Since this is not a political piece it has nothing to do with the governor himself. It had more to do with the venue which I met the Governor at and why I met the Governor, and the fact that the booth and I were on the Channel 9 News for a brief moment. Too bad it was not a flattering shot of me or a great shot of the products but if you want to watch the clip its on my youtube channel about 50 seconds into the clip.

For the last two years we have been participated in the Aids Foundation of Chicago's World of Chocolate. The event is a great opportunity for me to get outside of our normal network and meet new and interesting people.

This year we did something a little different -- the event was during Hanukkah so I thought it would be nice to have a table with a seasonal  theme of Hanukkah and Christmas.

All was good we were ready for event and then my wife heard that Civil Unions were going to become legal in Illinois. It was time to act quickly the event was the next day.

I called my friends at the sign store and and had them make a quick congratulations sign. Then I raided our display case. In May 2010 we debuted our LGBT friendly cake toppers.

Our goal as a business is to be inclusive whether it be for those with allergies / dietary restrictions such as Sugar Free, Gluten Free, Lactose / Casein Free, for those in the LGBT community as well as other communities outside of the traditional Jewish Community that Kosher stores normally cater to.

The life of the candy man is sweet, I get to go to fun events, meet interesting people and to paraphrase  Sammy Davis I mix it with love and make the world taste good this candy man can.

Have a sweet and healthy new year to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment